The Importance of Exfoliating Your ScalpThe Copperhed Team
Did you know your scalp needs exfoliating just like your face? Skin is constantly repairing itself and as a result, it leaves behind layers of dead skin cells. Exfoliating the skin is the process of removing dead cells from the outer layer using micro beads to break up the glue that holds the skin cells together, while smoothing and refining the surface.
Your scalp, much like your skin, can get congested from pollution, excessive sebum, dirty hair products, and lack of circulation. More and more women use dry shampoo to extend the time between shampoos which can cause even more problems, such as dry, itchy, flaky, and irritated scalp. This in turn can lead to the dreaded hair loss. It’s important to seek medical advice if you are experiencing major hair loss which can be due to hormonal changes, dietary changes, prescription drugs, underlying health conditions, and of course, stress. By adding scalp exfoliation to your hair care routine 1-2 times a week, you ensure the skin will be better positioned to receive treatments and in turn, create a healthy growing environment to promote strong, shiny hair.
Copperhed Exfoliating Shampoo uses perfectly milled Walnut, naturally high in Copper, to gently cleanse, exfoliate, and detoxify the scalp and hair from product build up and excessive sebum. This lightly cooling formula soothes and calms inflammation. Watch how it lathers beautifully while rinsing clean. The Tea Tree and Peppermint oils create an invigorating sensation. Even better is that the formula is multi-functional and can be used on the arms, legs, and feet to smooth and polish the skin.
Did you know the feet have 250,000 sweat glands? Tea Tree Oil is antimicrobial and can help to deodorize the feet as well as providing a quick pick-me-up after a long day of work!
Here are the steps to properly exfoliate the scalp. Use in place of Copperhed Daily Shampoo 1-2 times weekly.
- Drench hair with water. It needs to be soaking wet.
- Take a quarter-size amount of Copperhed Exfoliating Shampoo and gently massage onto scalp. Use the pads of your fingers, not your nails. Continue to massage around hair line, crown, and nape of neck while building a large lather. It is recommended to do 2 minutes of gentle massaging to increase circulation and allow the skin to best receive treatments.
- Rinse well and follow with Copperhed Daily Conditioner for a rich, creamy, hydrating repair that seals the cuticle for mega shine and softness.
- Towel dry and spray Copperhed Leave-On Treatment on scalp and hair to stimulate pigment product to help delay the grey and promote healthy hair growth while nourishing and calming the scalp. Copperhed Leave-On Treatment helps to detangle, de-frizz, while adding shine and texture to the hair.
- Remember to take a supplement such as the Copperhed Brow, Lash and Skin Formula–full of Copper, Zinc, B Vitamins, Selenium, and Omegas–to promote natural pigment production, delay the grey, and promote healthy hair growth, including lashes and brows. The copper in this magic formula helps to increase production of collagen for glowing skin.