10 Coping Skills to Keep in Your Mental Health ToolboxThe Copperhed Team
We were put to the test! And just when we thought things were looking up, we had to face new challenges. Though many are still struggling with feelings of fear, uncertainty, anxiety, and rage, among many others, coping skills are critical. There are many habits we can adopt to help us make this transition to a new reality and create beautiful mental oasis health for ourselves. These are some of my favorite self-love tips I have personally been using for the last 8 years when I went on a journey of understanding how to mental health, body, and soul. These methods date back to Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda medicine where the idea was treating the body as a whole and not separately, through a healthy diet, lifestyle, herbs, and rituals.
Here are 10 simple and easy coping tools to adopt to create balance, happiness, and wellness.
- Reflexology (Foot Rubs): Yes, you have seen those foot spas pop up everywhere. Now go online and look up the Chinese foot reflexology chart. A simple 5-minute rub on each foot can stimulate each organ to work efficiently while relaxing the body and mind. Even better if you have a partner to take turns. It literally works to pass kidney stones using this method.
- Organ Massage: Deeply rubbing the kidneys, liver, and stomach help to detoxify and improve circulation. This is great for anyone with kidney stones, digestion issues, or feelings of stagnation in the liver area. Give yourself a scalp massage when applying the Copperhed Leave-On Treatment to promote healthy hair growth and stimulate pigment production and delay the grey.
- Dry Brush: This improves the lymphatic system, detoxifies the body, clears pores, exfoliates the skin, reduces cellulite, and provides a natural energy boost. Start by using a soft bristle shower brush. Begin at the feet working your way up each leg. Brush towards the heart 5-10 times on each side of the leg. Move towards the torso using circular motions. Then, move towards each arm in upward strokes towards the heart. Use a circular motion under the arms. Be gentle and slow. Alternate hot and cold water in the shower. Make sure to drink plenty of water after to help flush out the toxins. Follow with Copperhed Exfoliating Shampoo for Scalp & Body to polish the skin and invigorate the senses with essential oils of Tea Tree and Eucalyptus.
- Far Infrared Sauna: I invested in one for around $1,100 at Costco 2 years ago and it was the best investment ever! Helps to detoxify the body, purify the skin, improves sleep, mood, and relaxation. Great when you feel like you might be getting sick or even hungover from a long night of partying. Warning–You must drink a liter of water for every 30 minutes you sit there, which improves everything!
- Far Infrared Heating Pad: Great for any aches, menstrual cramps, kidney pain, sore feet, sore neck, etc. I never travel without one. The heat helps to heal and move any stagnation.
- Sage or Smudge: This ancient practice is used to purify and clean the air, get rid of bad odors and allergens while demolishing any negative spirits or energy.
- Salt Baths have been used for ages to detoxify, relax, and revive the body. Add a few drops of your favorite essential oils to set the mood and soak for 20 minutes. What a difference! If it’s your night to wash your hair, use our clean, vegan, fragrance-, silicone-, sulfate-, paraben-, cruelty-free Copperhed Daily Shampoo and Conditioner that smells of essential oils of fresh orange, bergamot, and grapefruit.
- Acupuncture and Cupping: Once you can access a health practitioner, I highly recommend acupuncture and cupping. They relieve every ailment I have ever had. But you must go in with an open mind or it won’t work!
- Discover your Favorite Crystals: Clean them. Study them. Decorate with them. Meditate with them. Light a candle, put the Calm app on Rain, or whatever soothes you. Stretch and breathe deep. You can’t go wrong.
- EFT (Tapping): Emotional Freedom Technique is a quick and easy way to hit up the acupressure points to relieve anxiety, calm the mind, and even get rid of aches and pains–including headaches and nausea. Check out this quick instructional video:
Don’t forget your vitamin supplements. Copperhed Hair, Lash, Brow, & Skin Supplements is full of antioxidants, B Vitamins, minerals including Copper and Zinc along with Omegas for mental health and healthy hair and skin!