Self-Aware to Self-CareThe Copperhed Team
Self-Aware to Self-Care
Everyone is on their own self-care journey. Self-care is essential to growth and being your most healthy self, both inside and out. It takes a conscious commitment and self-awareness to find the self-care that works best for you. There are a few pillars of self-care that can help guide you in the right direction. Below are the steps you can take to lead you to a healthy and intentional life.
What to Focus On:
- Your strengths
- Problem solving
- Possibilities of the future, rather than the outcomes of the past
- Positives over negatives
How to Develop Self-Care Goals
Approach your goals by breaking down your interests and what is most important to you, be it your friends, family, hobbies, etc. Consider what brings you joy in life and what your driving forces are. Think about where you’d like to be in one, five, and ten years. Attaching yourself to your goals and understanding where they will take you helps you commit to completing them.
What Do You Need to Accomplish Your Goals?
Once you’ve committed to a goal, it’s important to be pragmatic about how you will accomplish it. What strengths and skills do you possess that will help you reach your goals? What kind of infrastructure and support systems do you have in place? Be open-minded during this step and be mindful to focus on the positives and not just the obstacles that may stand in your way.
Create Visual Reminders of Your Goals
It helps to have things around you in your everyday life that will remind you what you’re working towards. Keep pictures of your friends and family close, wear the sweatshirt of the school you want to go to, print out images of a destination you want to reach. These things will remind you that you’re building towards something every single day, even if you’re just taking baby steps.
- Mind your physical health. Eat well, sleep well, and exercise regularly. For many people, supplements are an essential part of maintaining a healthy and thriving body. Our Copper Infusion Hair, Lash, Brow & Skin Formula, for instance, allows your body to function to the best of its ability and keeps you looking young… which never hurts!
- Maintain your hygiene. Good hygiene goes a long way. It benefits you mentally, physically, and socially, and it is a quick fix for almost any rut.
- Spend time doing things you love. Use your passions to find a community where you can seek friendships and support.
- Do something new every day. New experiences feed your brain and keep you fresh.
- Relax! Take time for yourself every day, whether that involves meditation, getting a massage, taking a bath, or going for a walk.