5 Ways Copper Tripeptide Boost Hair GrowthThe Copperhed Team
According to a survey conducted by the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, approximately 21 million women and 35 million men suffer from some type of hair loss. Due to this extraordinary high number, millions of dollars and years of scientific study have been dedicated to find the answer to hair regrowth.
Scientists have found that GHK-Cu (Copper Tripeptide) was discovered as a hair regrowth agent. Copper tripeptide is found in the human body and as we age, levels drop. Replacing and rebalancing our copper tripeptide has been found to stimulate hair growth, decrease hair loss and also reduce inflammation. Copperhed has taken the magic of copper tripeptides and made products that will scientifically improve hair growth. Our Copper Infusion Daily Hair and Scalp Leave-On Treatment is our premiere hair care product that is supercharged with a trademarked blend of copper tripeptide, copper salicylate, and copper zinc enzyme. This unique blend not only preserves hair pigment (delays grays), but instantly increases hydration, shine, and defrizzes. The anti-inflammatory formula helps soothe the scalp and provides UV protection. Here are 5 specific ways copper peptides, found in our products, help boost hair growth:
- Increase Hair Follicle Size & Delay Follicle Death – Copper tripeptide’s significant role in hair growth is due to its ability to increase hair follicles. The increase of hair follicles makes hair appear fuller and thicker. In addition, autoimmune reactions trigger inflammation and can cause hair loss. Copper tripeptide’s anti-inflammatory properties can help calm these reactions and delay or even prevent follicle death.
- Block DHT Found in the Scalp – Copper tripeptides boost hair growth by blocking the hormone dihydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT is made from testosterone and an enzyme known as 5-alpha reductase. Copper tripeptides have the ability to obstruct this enzyme, thwarting the production of DHT and eventual hair loss.
- Stimulate Blood Flow – Like our organs, hair follicles need oxygen to survive. Hair growth and health are reliant on follicle health. As we grow older, our peripheral circulation in the capillaries deteriorate. Copper tripeptides have the ability to replace old blood vessels and improve circulation. With more blood vessels in our hair follicles, nutrient and oxygen levels are increased, thus leading to improved circulation and hair growth.
- Increased Collagen & Elastin – Collagen and elastin are proteins that are found in connective tissue. Copper tripeptides encourage collagen and elastin production, increasing fat cells on the scalp. A study conducted by Yale University found that an increase in fat cells on the scalp can significantly increase hair growth.
- Prolong Growth Cycle – Hair growth has a cycle: Growth Phase (Anagen), Transition Phase (Catagen), and Resting Phase (Telogen). The growth phase of hair lasts around 3-5 years. Copper tripeptides trigger and extend the growth phase of the hair cycle, causing hair to grow where it previously stopped.